Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

opticshrew
Resolver II
Resolver II

Publishing PowerBi Report

Hi all,

I'm having some issues regarding the publishing of my PowerBi reports. Essentially I have a normal report which doesn't appear to have any issues however when I publish to a workspace other than my own I recieve the below error:

"An error occured wile attempting to publish 'FileName.pbix': The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request."

I have also noticed that whilst in the online version the gateway I have setup also appears to be healthy and online however when scheduling a refresh I find the below:

"(offline, running on )"

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
opticshrew
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi all,

It appeares that the report I was publishing had multiple tables from multiple datasets therefore when trying to use the data gateway it wouldn't pick it up.

After I had changed my datasets and ensured they were all added to the gateway all issues I had been experiencing had been resolved.

Turns out Active Directory cannot be added to the data gateway as of yet, hopefully this is something that can be looked into.

Thanks,

J

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
opticshrew
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi all,

It appeares that the report I was publishing had multiple tables from multiple datasets therefore when trying to use the data gateway it wouldn't pick it up.

After I had changed my datasets and ensured they were all added to the gateway all issues I had been experiencing had been resolved.

Turns out Active Directory cannot be added to the data gateway as of yet, hopefully this is something that can be looked into.

Thanks,

J

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @opticshrew,

It seems that you published the report to a group workspace rather than the My Workspace, the error 400 throws out, right?

In your scenario, please follow below steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Verify you have write permission to this group workspace.

2. Check if the issue is related to the report itself. Try to create a new report in desktop and publish it to this same group workspace.

3. Make sure use the newest desktop version: 2.42.4611.701.

4. Go to this group workspace in Power BI service, click Get Data-> Files-> Local File to import report, see if the error throws out.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi  @v-qiuyu-msft

Installing the new client seems to have resolved the publishing issue 🙂

However I am still having the gateway showing as offline, even though in the manage gateways tab it appears to be online with all data sources connected.

Thanks.

J

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors