Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

stevo
Helper I
Helper I

Publish to web with SSAS data source

Hi, Can anyone help with me a couple of questions regarding embedding a report that uses SSAS mutildimenisonal data source:

1. Will it be real-time as per running the rpeort from the web app? If not how often will it be updated?

2. Which credentials will it use to access the datasource when running the report. In the web app it uses the login user credentials to access analysis services but if it's in a public website how would this work?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
mitsu
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Currently Publish to web is not supported for dashboards created on the SSAS live connection . 

You can integrate Power BI tile or report into an app as explined in the link below :

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-developer-integrate-a-power-bi-tile-or-rep...

the users accessing the same would get authnticated on SSAS using the effective user name. 

Hope this helps .

Regards,

Mitsu

Thanks Mitsu, do you know if there's any plan to allow publish to web with ssas data source in the future?

Thanks!

Not sure on that . Some one from  MS Power BI team will have to comment on it . Pesonally I do not think that would be a high prioity Item for MS Power BI team , SSAS being an entrprise source the data from that being published to web does not seem to be a popular requirement .

Ok thanks, just to clarify then, if I wanted to display a report (using ssas) on an intranet site that we would want every employee to be able to view we would need a power bi pro license for each employee and they would all need access to analysis services?

Just seems a bit costly, say if we have 500 employees and we just want the majority of them to view one report.

Thanks

Yes, that could get a bit costly for One Dashboard. However you should look at getting the same created using the power BI free feature . You will not be able to use the live connector but you can import data in PBI desktop from SSAS and schedule the refresh for the same once a day . 

Yep good idea, could I use the publish to web using that method? Or would it mean signing up 500 Power BI free accounts?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors