Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DM0010
Regular Visitor

Problem with tables in Power Query Editor due to ODBC

Hi all!

I have a problem with my ODBC loaded tables on Power BI. I can't use the Power Query Editor on these tables, because there is some kind of error:

DM0010_0-1669284866120.png

Does this error specifically occur with ODBC or is there a way to resolve this?

Maybe worth to mention that the ODBC was not set up by me and is being administered by a third party.

Thanks in advance for helping me out!

DM0010

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @DM0010 ;

Try to configure both user DSN and System DSN for this connection in the ODBC data source, and create DSN and test in both 32-bit/64-bit ODBC data source.

Solved: ODBC: ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manage... - Microsoft Power BI Community

error [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified wh...

In additional, 

A 32-bit driver cannot work with a 64-bit App.

In your specific case you'd better change the MySQl ODBC Driver version from 32-bit to 64-bit.

Hence PBI, ODBC Oracle and ODBC MySQL will be in 64-bit versions

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @DM0010 ;

Try to configure both user DSN and System DSN for this connection in the ODBC data source, and create DSN and test in both 32-bit/64-bit ODBC data source.

Solved: ODBC: ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manage... - Microsoft Power BI Community

error [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified wh...

In additional, 

A 32-bit driver cannot work with a 64-bit App.

In your specific case you'd better change the MySQl ODBC Driver version from 32-bit to 64-bit.

Hence PBI, ODBC Oracle and ODBC MySQL will be in 64-bit versions

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors