Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

paul_nixon

Problem w/ Azure Audit Log content pack

I'm trying to get the Azure Audit Log content pack setup by following this article: 

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-content-pack-azure-audit-logs/

I get to step #6.  I enter my credentials.  It returns the error:

"Failed to update data source credentials:  We are unable to connect to the data source.  Please ensure that data source is accessible."

It gives add'l details (e.g. status code = 400) and "Web.Contents failed to get contents from...", "Bad Request").

I am an administrator for my Azure account and I'm copying/pasting the subscription ID where appropriate.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
anon_

Same issue for us. Microsoft, any updates on this please?

boonthawee

I found same problem. How to solve this ?

That is my ergent case I have the customer prefered to use Power BI to build Azure Audit Log report.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have run into the same issue. Did any one ever get this working?

pinux

Hi,

we have an issue trying to connect PowerBI with Azure Enterprise services.

We have regenerate the API KEY to extend the period of validity.

See image below for more details about that issue.

Capture.PNG

Thank you for the support.

Giuseppe

ciphertxt

This has been going on for several weeks with no updates (other thread at http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/Failed-to-Import-Data-Azure-Audit-Log/m-...

Still no satisfying news on this front? 

@paul_nixon If I recall, I had to specifically have my IP address added in order to access an Azure SQL DB... Could this sort of access issue be of a similiar nature? (Just throwing out an idea)

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
jvondermans
Frequent Visitor

Same problem here!

I've tried several times at different days and times. Also with different accounts and subscriptions, but the result is the same every time.

Hopefully this is solved quickly, I like the feature when it works (as seen in the video).

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors