Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

beno
Frequent Visitor

Problem to import data using ODBC 32bit

Hi,

I receive the following error message each time I try to refresh data using an ODBC 32bit:

Failed to save modificcaitons to the Server. Error returned: 'The operation has been cancelled because there is not enough memory available for the application. If using a 32-bit version fo the product, consider upgrading to the 64bit version or increasing the amount of memory available on the machine. '.

In fact, I am using the Power BI 32bit because of my restriciton to use an ODBC 32bit for the database. Thus, I have asked the administrator to add memory, and it is now 8 GB( dual 2.4 GHz , Windows 7 Prof), but the error is always still there.

For your infomation, I have imported 2 big "fact" tables: (300'000 rows and 40'000 rows) and the other "Dim" tables are very small ( I have no idea to add conditons on table importation from the source).

I hope that I have classified this message under the right section.

Many thanks for your support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@beno This seems more of ODBC issue than power bi desktop. i have no issues in importing more than 40K rows in power bi desktop. you should test ODBC driver out of power bi desktop and query to ensure it is able to handle that many number of rows first.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@beno This seems more of ODBC issue than power bi desktop. i have no issues in importing more than 40K rows in power bi desktop. you should test ODBC driver out of power bi desktop and query to ensure it is able to handle that many number of rows first.

Thanks Ankit Patira!

I have configured an ODBC 64bit, reinstalled Power BI as 64bit, and it is just went very well.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors