Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Simon_29
Helper II
Helper II

Problem displaying data after merge two tables

Hello,

I'm having trouble mergeing two tables. Merge does the right thing, but puts the first 3 data we see in the value column, which represents Badge (Number of Badge) (429970, 14428 and 403976), directly below it ... and I don't want it to do that. However, it gives all the other records nicely one by one Badge Number and then nicely lists the other values. Only these first three are just below each other, although this should not be the case.

Merge_1.pngMerge_2.png

Thank you very much for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
YukiK
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@Simon_29I don't think I understand your question... You merged 2 tables and it works correctly. When you say "puts the first 3 data directly below it", I assume you want to sort the result table differently?

Also, are the screenshots before and after merging tables?

Hi,

maybe some sort could help. It is mainly that this is a table after merging and I do not know why the first three data about employees are not listed nicely row by row, but it is always first 3x Badge, then 3x another attribute, etc. (as in the picture, where there are yellow balls ). However, after these three badges, each attribute is well behind it (blue balls in the picture). I just don't understand why he puts the first three pieces of data in the display - first three times in a row "Badge", then three times "Name", etc. until he gets to the last attribute. And then it goes as it should.

daas.pngCould you advise me some capable sort? Thank you very much

Hi @Simon_29 ,

How about click the dropdown arrow to choose the correct sorting order you need?Is this what you need?

If not,could you pls attach your expected output compared to what you get.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my reply as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors