Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simon_29
Helper I
Helper I

Problem displaying data after merge two tables

Hello,

I'm having trouble mergeing two tables. Merge does the right thing, but puts the first 3 data we see in the value column, which represents Badge (Number of Badge) (429970, 14428 and 403976), directly below it ... and I don't want it to do that. However, it gives all the other records nicely one by one Badge Number and then nicely lists the other values. Only these first three are just below each other, although this should not be the case.

Merge_1.pngMerge_2.png

Thank you very much for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
YukiK
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@Simon_29I don't think I understand your question... You merged 2 tables and it works correctly. When you say "puts the first 3 data directly below it", I assume you want to sort the result table differently?

Also, are the screenshots before and after merging tables?

Hi,

maybe some sort could help. It is mainly that this is a table after merging and I do not know why the first three data about employees are not listed nicely row by row, but it is always first 3x Badge, then 3x another attribute, etc. (as in the picture, where there are yellow balls ). However, after these three badges, each attribute is well behind it (blue balls in the picture). I just don't understand why he puts the first three pieces of data in the display - first three times in a row "Badge", then three times "Name", etc. until he gets to the last attribute. And then it goes as it should.

daas.pngCould you advise me some capable sort? Thank you very much

Hi @Simon_29 ,

How about click the dropdown arrow to choose the correct sorting order you need?Is this what you need?

If not,could you pls attach your expected output compared to what you get.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my reply as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

November Power BI Update 768x460.png

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2021 Updates!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors