Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BarrilleauxAP
Regular Visitor

Preview.Error: The type of the current preview value is too complex to display

I have seen older threads related to this however i have not found anything that is definitive as to the cause.  I get this on one table from a SQL Server database. Tried Direct Query & Import.   I have other tables far more complex than this one that import with no issues. 

If i open the native query window and enter "select * from dbo.coitem_mst" i get the data with no issue. 

I am using version 2.79.  I am hoping someone has some addtional clarity on what causes this error.

Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 15.32.43 PM.png

24 REPLIES 24
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BarrilleauxAP ,

Based on my test using Power bi desktop Version: 2.79.5768.1082 64-bit (March 2020). I cannot reproduce your issue here. Could you please update your Power bi desktop to check again or you can disable the option to have a test.

dec.PNG

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Add me to the list.  Same issue.  Even on a really small (12 row, 6 column) table.  Help!

I am having the same error when I am pulling data from Netsuite.

I could use help solving this problem.

Thanks

Phil

I confirmed that i am running that version.

Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 05.55.47 AM.png

I also disabled the option you recommended and tried again but obtained the same result.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors