Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

B_atWork
Frequent Visitor

Prep survey data results for analysis

Hello, I have received multiple spreadsheets full of tables of aggregated survey data. The tables are matrices that have rows of responses to a question (1 on the low end to 5 on the high end), and columns that contain the total responses from each category (companies of medium, large, and enterprise sizes). I'd like to get the data into a table that has a column for the company size, responses, and number of responses. However, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to unpivot the table I have, or if there is something else I need to do. Any help would be appreciated. Links to the data and report are below.

Data

Report thus far 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
B_atWork
Frequent Visitor

Welp, doing one more web search got me the answer. Highlighting the first two columns and then clicking "Unpivot other columns" did the trick.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jennratten
Super User
Super User

This is a good explanation of how to handle survey data with PowerBI.
https://www.daxpatterns.com/survey/ 

B_atWork
Frequent Visitor

Welp, doing one more web search got me the answer. Highlighting the first two columns and then clicking "Unpivot other columns" did the trick.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors