Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CyrusOC
Advocate I
Advocate I

Powerpivot slicers not working as expected in PowerBI

I am desperately trying to find ways to share tabular data in PowerBI but coming up short. None of the data visualizations really supports tables or matrix to my liking (expand/collapse, drill down, etc.) When I upload an Excel file that has a PowerPivot data model I get the dreaded "This workbook contains external data connections or BI features that are not supported" but I don't know why, I am not trying to refresh the data model, only trying to use slicers on the web page in Excel Online...someone please tell me this is supported?? What check box am I missing???

1 REPLY 1
CyrusOC
Advocate I
Advocate I

Found my answer but not very happy about this. 

Excel Online PowerPivot needs wdbipreview=true  

http://blogs.technet.com/b/office_online_support_blog/archive/2015/03/06/excel-online-guest-link-thi...

Now I jsut need to figure out how to drill back up with Excel Online, why are these tools so diffcult to use form a UI point of view... 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors