Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KhyaiBhavani

Powerbi - Dynamic query - Refresh not working - Need support

Hi, 

I am Khyati, working on a client requirement to integrate the Servicenow and Powerbi to get last one year data of the Incidents and Tasks.

As the data is huge(morethan 60K items), I have used 2 different queries in PowerBi and combined these two in the third one and then used the 3rd query in the Graph. 

Source in 1st query:

TasksClosedThisYear= = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://domain.service-now.com/api/now/table/sc_task?sysparm_query=closed_atONThis year@javascript:gs.beginningOfThisYear()@javascript:gs.endOfThisYear()^assignment_group=...

Source in 2nd query:

TasksCloseLastYear = = Text.Combine({"https://domain.service-now.com/api/now/table/sc_task?sysparm_query=closed_atBETWEENjavascript:...('" ,
Custom4,"','00:00:00')@javascript:gs.endOfLastYear()^stateIN-55,3^assignment_group=271defb96fc22100362401dfde3ee4a0^ORassignment_group=e6914d384ca741006ec244523f089d15^numberSTARTSWITHTAS^ORDERBYDESCnumber&sysparm_limit=37000&sysparm_display_value=true&sysparm_fields=number,closed_at"})

Custom4 is the dynamic date used

Source in 3rd query: Source= Table.Combine({TasksClosedThisYear, TasksCloseLastYear})

Once I publish the powerbi report to workspace, initially there were refresh options and the autorefresh is getting failed. But later the refresh options are also not visible.

Below is the error I got

KhyaiBhavani_0-1652290354739.png

Could someone help me on this on urgency.

Thanks,

Khyati.

4 REPLIES 4

Hey Khyati @KhyaiBhavani 

I would like to propose you to try out an alternative option connecting Power BI and Servicenow:

Power BI Connector for ServiceNow app

We have a handy User and Admin Guides for your convenience, but feel free to reach out support team at support@alpha-serve.com if you need any assistance.

Cheers,

Anton

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please read this document thoroughly, especially the Query part.

Web.Contents - PowerQuery M | Microsoft Docs

That may help you to mask the dynamic part.

Hi Ibendlin,

Thank you for reply. I already tried this but not getting how to get the last one year tasks data from servicenow ina  single query as the data is more(near to 1L and 1L+). If you have any option to get the data in a single query please let me know.

Thanks,

Khyati.

That would be a question for the ServiceNow API - check if it supports pagination.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors