Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

GJoel01
Frequent Visitor

PowerbI report embed problem

Hi There,

I'm trying to the embed the PowerBI report to sharepoint link through iframe. And I got the link from "Embed in Sharepoint Online" in File menu. 

But the link is not working, it is just showing the loading logo forever and the reports are not visible. 

Thanks 

Gary Joel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@GJoel01,

Please contact your Power BI administrators to check if  he disable the publish to web feature in Power BI Admin portal. If not, please check if you hit the limitations of Publish to web feature.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@GJoel01,

Do you embed report to SharePoint Online or on-premises SharePoint? "Embed in Sharepoint Online" option only works with SharePoint online, you can follow the instructions in this article about how to embed report.

However, if you want to embed Power BI report to on-premises sharepoint, please check the methods in this similar thread.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you, Lydia. 

I suppose I should use the second article I provided, but that too isn't working in my case. I'll explain my scenario in detail. 

We have created a webpage in sharepoint for each customer and there we have to embed the PowerBI report. However, I cannot find the option "Publish to Web (Embed this report for public access by anyone on the Internet)" for the report which I want to embed. 

Let me know what I do in this case.

Regards,

Gary Joel

@GJoel01,

Please contact your Power BI administrators to check if  he disable the publish to web feature in Power BI Admin portal. If not, please check if you hit the limitations of Publish to web feature.

Regards,
Lydia

Hi Lydia. 

The feature is enabled, but I have row level security and it is a limitation. So it is not possible for this report. 

Thank you!! Your help is much appreciated!! 

Regards, 

Gary Joel

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors