Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

WESTi
Helper I
Helper I

PowerBi Online SalesForce report connector pulls dataset in different format to PowerBi Desktop

If I connect to a SalesForce report as a Dataset using PowerBi online it will pull the data in the same format as is presented on SalesForce.com, for example, this report on SalesForce has a custom formula to calculate row count etc which results in a summarized dataset. This is what I am trying to pull this summarized data and it is pulling through in this format when I use the online connector.

However, when I use the desktop client of PowerBi and connect to the same SalesForce report it will pull all of the underlying data which is 252,000 rows and is cut off @ the 2000 row limit.

Is there any way to get this summarized data layout in the desktop version of PowerBi - particularly because I want to mix in other data sources for this particular report.

1 REPLY 1
TPalmer
Employee
Employee

Unfortunately the 2000 row limit is from the Salesforce Report API. One option is to use the Salesforce Objects connector in the Power BI Desktop to connect directly to the objects and build out any type of view you'd like. The option to enable relationship detection may also make this easier. It does require some rework from your original report however it won't have the 2000 row limit.

There is a request to change this on the Salesforce community site if you'd like to include your vote!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors