Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

eriwol1
Regular Visitor

PowerBI is mixing up credentials when updating Dataset with OAUTH

Hi, I have a problem that PowerBI is mixing up credentials when updating Dataset with OAUTH. In powerbi portal (app.powerbi.com) I have three reports from different intune tenants that have the same odata url but each dataset uses it's own credentials to get the correct data. After auto update sometimes the reports are correct with the correct data and sometimes Powerbi has somehow mixed up the credentials so that the report for company A has the data from company B or C, the mix up is also not consequent. When going to dataset and edit credentials I insert and authenticate with cred belonging to the report/ dataset and customer and in affected report only one and the correct one is shown. Am I missing something and doing this wrong?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem here. This is so dangerous! Clients are thinking about dumping us. It's not safe at all that it changes the data source credentials to another client. We can't change the gateaway with the current account, since we are using PPU licenses. The gateaway option is disabled.

eriwol1
Regular Visitor

Thank's, I'll look into that. I belived GW connection was for on-premises solutions? The Intune tenants are totally seperate but they all provide an OData feed with the same url, only difference is the login user to get the data.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

"that have the same odata url"

are these running through the same gateway connection? If so then you may want to consider creating separate gateway connections per user.

Can confirn that gateway connection works, on Azure vm as well. 

If you have a Pro license you can consider raising a Pro ticket at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors