Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerBI - Google Analytics Data Source issue - "Credentials invalid"

Hi,

I'm experiencing an issue with Google Analytics data in Power BI. Google Analytics has been added as a data source, and it can refresh data in Desktop mode, and it can manually refresh the dataset when uploaded/published to powerbi.com.

But when I try to set a schedule, it gives the following error:

daje_0-1606922575161.png

Obviously I clicked "edit credentials", verified the credentials with succes (OAuth2, I tried different privacy levels), and then tried another manual refresh, which worked. But it is still not possible to set a new scheduled refresh (it's greyed out), and the screen above does not change. The little circle keeps spinning and it still says the credentials are invalid.

Does anyone know what the issue could be?

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

No more credentials error for me, today... Let's try again!

Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like it works for us now, too! Strange, but I won't complain.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue. The data reload works fine in Power BI Desktop, but then fails in the service.

I also get an 'Invalid credentials' error under data source credentials in the dataset options, even after updating them and getting a temporary 'succesfully updated' message. 

vendersonalias0
Frequent Visitor

Hey I think I managed to find a workaround. Try using Microsoft Edge instead, then refreshing each credential, for me it was GA/Sharepoint/Web I was then able to edit my refresh schedule. But the second I went back to chrome, it was greyed out and spinning again (but it still refreshes, you just can't adjust it).

If that doesn't work for you, try deleting the credential in desktop data sources first, not sure if that had anything to do with it but I did this before trying edge.

vendersonalias0
Frequent Visitor

Noting that I encountered the same issue, luckily after removing and re-adding the credentials in desktop I was able to get refreshes working online. The only caveat is it always says credentials are invalid  despite still working, GA continues spinning, and all the scheduled refresh options are greyed out.

BrowniePts

Any chance someone's had success here? 

I've been running Google Analytics connections successfully for 2+ years. But just recently, the same issue as popped up and cannot be fixed with the variety of solutions I've tried. 

I'd prefer fixing the GA connection, rather than trying to rebuild all my sources in Google Sheets & rebuilding my PBI reports. 

I'm having the same issue since last week.

The GA connection works fine on Power BI Desktop.. But It's not working for schedule refreshing.

Can someone please?

mpetrilaksb
Frequent Visitor

Hey guys,

I found workaround. 

I used Method 2 on this link https://measureschool.com/google-analytics-to-google-sheets-export/ to download analytitcs to google sheet.

Then I followed this guide https://natechamberlain.com/2019/10/08/connect-a-google-sheet-spreadsheet-to-power-bi-as-a-data-sour... to connect to google sheets.
Scheduled refresh is now working.

Hopefully this workaround works for you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing mpetrilaksb! It's not quite what we are looking for though, but definitely worth checking out.

TP_TMC

Same problem here. I tried to edit, remove and re-enter the credentials several times, tried different privacy levels, but nothing works. It seems to accept the credentials, but the alert saying that the refresh schedule cannot be enabled, does no go away. No refresh schedule possible... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sadly, I haven't been able to fix it. Would be great if anyone knows what's up

mpetrilaksb
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

same issue here. Have you managed to make it work?
For me, even manual refresh is not working. It just keeps on spinning.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, this is still an issue

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors