Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

msavides

Power query question

I have a project for 1500 timesheets 2 times a month. 

we download a spreadsheet from our payroll company that contains all 1500 employees time entries and shift notes in a single xml file. 

what I need to do is run a query to pull just a single employees time entries and shift note into a new excel file.  I need to do this for all 1500 employees. 

so source file is a master timesheet excel file and I need 1500 individual excel spreadsheets that just show each employee time entires and shift notes. 

is this possible with power query.  I have been watching a lot of power query videos and i cannot find a single one that says it is possible. 

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide

2 REPLIES 2
watkinnc
Super User
Super User

In the formula bar, type:

= let Rows=Table.RowCount(NameOfPriorStep) in Table.Split(PriorStepName, Rows)

--Nate

I’m usually answering from my phone, which means the results are visualized only in my mind. You’ll need to use my answer to know that it works—but it will work!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is possible but not efficient or suitable. I wouldn't recommend using Power Query to achieve this. I would try to do it in Python (don't worry you don't need to be an expert in coding to do it, there are many libraries, trainings and pre-built templates do to what you want to do) or through Power Automate. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors