Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

steph_io
Advocate II
Advocate II

Power query combine tables not working in PowerApps

I wish to merge 2 existing entities into 1 tables, within the Power App CDS. 

In the Dataflow, Power Query has a 'Combine tables' option to Merge queries as new, but this does not access the existing entities. 

Why don't I see my existing entities available in the table selections?

MergeTablesCDS.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@steph_io 

Did you add the other entity as a data source in Power Query Online? You can only combine the data sources that are in your list of queries.

Annotation 2019-12-06 132046.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

@steph_io 

Did you add the other entity as a data source in Power Query Online? You can only combine the data sources that are in your list of queries.

Annotation 2019-12-06 132046.png

I had made a separate query to load each entity. These were essentially my staging tables.  I had planned to do the transformation individually then combine the results into the 1 production table, with the Merge function. 

I have a 'clean up' mapping file that I will need to run against each fact table.  So with this restriction, I would need to bring that file into each query (each dataflow will need to load this file). That is unfortunate. In the Desktop app, it is possible (and more efficient) to just reference the 1 existing mapping table in Power Query.  

Thank you for your quick response.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It appears that Power BI is not recognizing stg_Encumbrance_Static. Are you able to visualize the content of the table in Power BI Desktop?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors