Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power query Sharepoint/ Onedrive Folder connector issue (not showing files shared With me / error)

Hi All,

I am using Power Query to connect to files within multiple OneDrive for business folders (Connecting to each per query) and to combine them to 1 single file.

I am Navigating using the 'Sharepoint.Contents' function to locate the files within the 'Documents' table folder that has the folders/files shared with me.  (I have connected the folder using organizational level permissions)

contents.PNG

This is working for most OneDrive for business users but getting a couple of issues with some users only. 
Note: that all folders shared with me are accessible on OneDrive through web, and I have editor permission on each. 

The above works for all Onedrive folders except for a select few users, 

1) Not showing all /Any folders shared with me.
In the Following, it is showing me only 1 folder that has been shared but many other folders shared with me are not visible to navigate. This would be the main issue I have where I get issue with users that have shared multiple folders with me OneDrive. For another user this table is empty, but they have shared multiple folders with me. 
(I don't seem to have this issue on SharePoint sites. )

folder incomplete.PNG

2) Not showing all /Any folders shared with me.

When I try navigate further into the folder that has been shared with me, it seems that powerQuery runs into a bug/issue where It cannot locate files within this folder, Hence I am getting the following error
error.PNG

Unexpected error: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
Details:
    Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.ErrorException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Engine1.Library.SharePoint.SharePointQueryBuilder..ctor(String query)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Engine1.Library.SharePoint.SharePointQueryBuilder.GetPath(String query)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Engine1.Library.SharePoint.SharePointUrlBuilder..ctor(String url, SharePointApiVersion version)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Engine1.Library.SharePoint.SharePointTableValue.CreateFromFeedRecord(SharePointUrlBuilder urlBuilder, SharePointEnvironment environment, RecordValue feedRecord)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Engine1.Library.SharePoint.SharePointTableValue.SharePointFeedEnumerator.CreateFolderRecord(RecordValue feedRecord)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Engine1.Library.SharePoint.SharePointTableValue.SharePointFeedEnumerator.MoveNext()
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Engine1.Library.SharePoint.SharePointTableValue.SharePointTableEnumerator.MoveNext()
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.SimpleDocumentEvaluator.ValuePreviewValueSource.TableValuePreviewValueSource.SerializeRows(Int32 count)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.SimpleDocumentEvaluator.ValuePreviewValueSource.TableValuePreviewValueSource.get_SmallValue()
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.TracingPreviewValueSource.get_SmallValue()
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.RemotePreviewValueSource.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<RunStub>b__0()
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.EvaluationHost.ReportExceptions(IHostTrace trace, IEngineHost engineHost, IMessageChannel channel, Action action)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.EvaluationHost.<>c__DisplayClass11_0.<TryReportException>b__1()
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Common.SafeExceptions.IgnoreSafeExceptions(IEngineHost host, IHostTrace trace, Action action)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.EvaluationHost.TryReportException(IHostTrace trace, IEngineHost engineHost, IMessageChannel channel, Exception exception)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.EvaluationHost.ReportExceptions(IHostTrace trace, IEngineHost engineHost, IMessageChannel channel, Action action)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.RemotePreviewValueSource.RunStub(IEngineHost engineHost, IMessageChannel channel, Func`1 getPreviewValueSource)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.RemoteDocumentEvaluator.Service.<>c__DisplayClass12_1`1.<OnBeginGetResult>b__0()
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.RemoteDocumentEvaluator.Service.OnBeginGetResult[T](IMessageChannel channel, BeginGetResultMessage message, Action`1 action)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.RemoteDocumentEvaluator.Service.OnBeginGetPreviewValueSource(IMessageChannel channel, BeginGetPreviewValueSourceMessage message)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.MessageHandlers.TryDispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.ChannelMessenger.ChannelMessageHandlers.TryDispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.MessageHandlers.Dispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.ChannelMessenger.OnMessageWithUnknownChannel(IMessageChannel baseChannel, MessageWithUnknownChannel messageWithUnknownChannel)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.MessageHandlers.TryDispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.ChannelMessenger.ChannelMessageHandlers.TryDispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.MessageHandlers.Dispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.EvaluationHost.Run()
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Container.EvaluationContainerMain.Run(Object args)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.SafeThread2.<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<CreateAction>b__0(Object o)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Container.EvaluationContainerMain.SafeRun(String[] args)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Container.EvaluationContainerMain.Main(String[] args)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.EvaluationHost.OnException(IEngineHost engineHost, IMessageChannel channel, ExceptionMessage message)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.IMessageChannelExtensions.WaitFor[T](IMessageChannel channel)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.RemotePreviewValueSource.PreviewValueSource.WaitFor(Func`1 condition, Boolean disposing)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.RemotePreviewValueSource.PreviewValueSource.get_SmallValue()
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.TracingPreviewValueSource.get_SmallValue()
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.Analysis.PackageDocumentAnalysisInfo.PackagePartitionAnalysisInfo.SetPreviewValue(EvaluationResult2`1 result, Func`1 getStaleSince, Func`1 getSampled)

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Please use the lastest version of power bi desktop(2020/5).

Do you connect with the "sharepoint folder" connector?

If you connect to many sharepoint folders which are different sharepoint account, please ensure you provide the correct credential for every source(Edit queries->Data source setting->edit permission).

Best Regards

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-juanli-msft , Thanks Maggie,

Your solution looks like the will work with the error I'm getting for issue 2) I am facing,   however May 2020 update seem to be not available to my region yet.

I am using the sharepoint folder connector to get the query started but I change it to SharePoint.Contents on the query to navigate to my files required. (within the OneDrive for business space).

Credentials are correct and  the query does connect to the OneDrive account, however my main issue was the files not appearing when go to 'documents' table. it would only show 1 of the folders shared with me at a time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors