Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KMAccounting

Power Query refresh bring in null values

I created a spreadsheet that would pull data from a folder using power query. I have been using this for the past four months however when I have saved Aprils .csv in the folder and selected refresh I noticed no data for April. So I went to power query and filtered on April’s data and noticed that when it pulled into the query most of the columns were “null”. I pulled the original spreadsheet from folder and all the data is showing. I cannot figure out why when I refresh that just April’s file is showing null values. I basically run the report from a portal download the report and then save the csv into the folder. Can anyone assist me with why one file in my folder would pull in “null” values?

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KMAccounting 

Do you connect to folder with power bi desktop, then upload a new file to the folder,

when refreshing from power bi desktop, the new data doesn't show in the file?

Best Regards
Maggie

No, I use Power Pivot however in Power Query the data in only some columns is null but not all.  When I create a new spreadsheet and load just April's Data all columns is showing the correct data.  When I try to load all files in one folder April's data shows as null.  I hope this explains it

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors