Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power Query in to Power BI

Hi there

If you write a Power Query how is this uploaded in to Power BI (if at all possible). Does someone have to go actually go in to Power BI desktop and action in there or can they do it through Excel.

Contect* I have a PBI audit report with a specific report showing. User says never used Power BI but they created it in Excel in Power Query, so i'm wondering how it appeared in my PBI Audit report.

Thank you

Karen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@KarenFingerhut 

If I am understanding your question correctly, you should able to copy your transformations made in Power Query (Excel) into the Query Editor in Power BI, just open advanced editor and copy past the steps to power bi advanced editor.

However, for the audit report you need to re-create the report visuals in the desktop interface, because power bi only connects data but not the reports and visuals from other sources.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Vera_33
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

You can also import the query, model, measures from Excel to PBI

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@KarenFingerhut 

If I am understanding your question correctly, you should able to copy your transformations made in Power Query (Excel) into the Query Editor in Power BI, just open advanced editor and copy past the steps to power bi advanced editor.

However, for the audit report you need to re-create the report visuals in the desktop interface, because power bi only connects data but not the reports and visuals from other sources.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors