Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power Query filter works on all records except one.

Hi PBI community, 

I have a list of on-hire requests of which I filter based on the system log to not end with "Logically Deleted." It works for every record except for this one. You can see in the bottom pane the record clearly ends with "Logically Deleted." And yet it's still there?

not deleted..PNG

I've also tried ends with "Deleted." but this doesn't work either. Any ideas? 

Thanks, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, the link works fine but we don't get access to the source data (that's powerbi security kicking in), we just have the data once it is loaded into power bi.

I copied the table and opened 'Power Query', pasted it in to 'Enter Data' and ran your 'remove text' command, and it worked fine. 

So we would need to see the original data.

Usually these things are due to spaces or non-printable characters so you could experiment with Trim and Clean or TrimEnd

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
vivran22
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi,

Is it possible to share the data file/sample pbix file to review it in details?

Rgds,
Vivek
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vivek, 

Yep, here's a link to a truncated version. 

The problem record is ID 4338. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_iGxnpRFYQRn4d5kw0ag6YhsF38N0nVO/view?usp=sharing

Let me know if the link doesn't work. 

Hi, the link works fine but we don't get access to the source data (that's powerbi security kicking in), we just have the data once it is loaded into power bi.

I copied the table and opened 'Power Query', pasted it in to 'Enter Data' and ran your 'remove text' command, and it worked fine. 

So we would need to see the original data.

Usually these things are due to spaces or non-printable characters so you could experiment with Trim and Clean or TrimEnd

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try this for the source data. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xSAolHmFPWrcvdrh2zVpmTZq2ao1ayTk/view?usp=sharing

Just tried both Trim and Clean, seems to have worked. Thanks!

I'd be curious as what caused it?

You can mark your post as solution. It will help others also

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors