Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AP_BI
Frequent Visitor

Power Query does not recognize subsequently added columns in source file

Dear community,

I get my report from a connected .xlsm from a sharepoint. I had to add 3 columns to the basic data of the .xlsm file. Unfortunately the columns are apparently not recognized in PowerBI after the refresh. But I need these 3 columns urgently for the evaluation. I have tried many hours but I can't find an appropriate solution for the problem on my own or in the forum. 

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Andi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Your "Removed Other Columns" step will always remove newly added columns. You either need to edit that step, or remove it and instead select the columns you do not want and remove those. Then newly added columns will always come in.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@AP_BI 

Can you open the file directly from SharePoint and check if you can see those newly added columns?

Did I answer your question? Mark this post as a solution, this will help others!.

I accept KUDOS 🙂

YouTube, LinkedIn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

AP_BI
Frequent Visitor

Hello @Fowmy 

yes, that works perfectly fine. I tried it with Sharepoint Folder as well as Excel offline source and there is no problem with the added columns. 

Probably I have to change some of the applied steps (refer to the picture). As you can see the Sharepoint has lots of different files. I filtered for .xlsm as it is the only file I want to use. After that I removed top rows. But the last 3 columns from source data are missing.

AP_BI_0-1595855486467.png

Your "Removed Other Columns" step will always remove newly added columns. You either need to edit that step, or remove it and instead select the columns you do not want and remove those. Then newly added columns will always come in.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors