Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rishirajdeb
Advocate I
Advocate I

Power Query connectivity with Bex query

Hello All,

For a requirement, I am connecting a Bex Report from power bi query editor. The report has some selection parameters in it which are not populating correctly on the 'Select Value' pop up window.

image.jpg

When I am going to the 'Added Items' settings (using the gear icon) and expand the input help - only 2 values are coming (as displayed on the attached image) while the other valid parameter values are not getting displayed. When someone manually types-in the parameter values, it is working and filtering source data as expected - but the values are not appearing for the end users to select.

Edit: All the parameter values are visible while running the same report on analysis for office.

Please can someone help me with this?

Regards.

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rishirajdeb 

Do you mean query parameter in Edit queries?

If so, you could select "manage parameter" to edit the parameter, or select the fields->filter->use the parameter to apply filter.

Please read the documents to use parameters in Power BI successfully.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/power-query-query-parameters

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Maggie,

Thanks for the reply.

Here we are passing parameters to the source (SAP BW report) system itself, as we want to load only relevant data as per the parameters passed to the BW report.

The parameters are not created in Power BI as we want to pass multiple parameters for some fields, as well as there are parameters which are optional  in nature. What we did is we created the parameters on the BEx reports side, and on Power BI edit query, from the applied steps settings ('Added Items' settings) - we are selecting the parameters whatever the BW report is passing. The problem here is that not all the values passed from the BW report are appearing on the selection window (for example - there are 4 periods available while only 2 are getting displayed on the selection screen for users to choose from).

Let me know if you need any further details.

Reagrds

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors