cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kevyh Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Power Query -- add column to table will file modified data to Column for all rows

Good afternoon, I would like to be able to add the file modified data to a column for all rows of an appended query. I have built two queries that produce the output shown below in two tables/tabs. The 2nd query does basically the following: • Looks at files in published pricing folder for the current period Filters for *.xls files (to remove the PDF versions) • Filters for “Approved Pricing” file that are "published" there • Removes 6 top rows and promotes the 7th row as “header” (data/file cleaning) • Renames some of the columns names to be more identifiable • Appends all those files (several hundred files and thousands of rows into ONE table) The fist query/table just shows the file information, shown in (table 1). I need to modify the 2nd output/query to add a column that has the date modified from the originating file for each associated row in (table 2). I need this info for two reason: one for historical price changes, and 2nd because I will be working different project that will update the "billing: system" with the latest price. I am sure this step is likely quite simply, I just didn't know where or how to add that step in the 2nd query.

Thank you in advance., Kevin

(Table 2)

image.pngimage.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Power Query -- add column to table will file modified data to Column for all rows

Sounds like this could be the solution: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Webinars-and-Video-Gallery/Combine-CSVs-and-Keep-the-File-Name/td-p...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Imke Feldmann

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Power Query -- add column to table will file modified data to Column for all rows

Sounds like this could be the solution: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Webinars-and-Video-Gallery/Combine-CSVs-and-Keep-the-File-Name/td-p...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Imke Feldmann

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

kevyh Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you that gave me  what I needed to work with!

Kevin

@ImkeF wrote:

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 431 members 4,087 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: