Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Garyeuph

Power Query (Excel) cannot return the correct values for one column of a number of spreadsheets

Hi,

I am trying to merge a large number of spreadsheets - all identical format and layout.

One of the columns in Excel has the data is as equations - similar to '=1345/100'.  The column in Excel is formatted as General Number

PAD always ends up interpreting this as the number 4 (All other columns come through as expected)

Any ideas as to why this may be happening?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Garyeuph

Looks like posting an issue helps you find the solution

Turns out the input spreadsheets were generated by another programme - simply opening them all and just saving them removes the error - so just need to adjust my workflow slightly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Garyeuph

Looks like posting an issue helps you find the solution

Turns out the input spreadsheets were generated by another programme - simply opening them all and just saving them removes the error - so just need to adjust my workflow slightly

Hi @Garyeuph ,

Thanks for sharing and please consider marking your answer as a solution to help more people.

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors