Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TF_123

Power Query Compatibility Warning and missing in Excel 2016

I have installed Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 (Version: 16.0.4266.1001), but it cannot open Power Query and shown below image. It just open as Query Editor but not Power Editor. Query Editor cannot provide some function, so I need to have a Power Query. Thank you.

219294-image.png

There are some action I have tried:
1. I have re-installed Microsoft Office
2. I have downloaded Power Query add-in from Microsoft, but the installer shows the plug-in already installed. The reason should be Power Query add-in embbed on Microsoft Office and I have no idea to update / remove that plugin independently
3. I checked Excel Option > Excel Add-ins / COM Add-ins / Disabled items, no more findings

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TF_123 ,

My Microsoft Excel version is Excel 2016:

Eyelyn9_0-1657863703622.png

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Sara186

i have same issue, dunno how to solve it 

JigneshMore
Regular Visitor

I developed the file and it works perfectly fine on my System, But all my user are unable to run it that smoothly and Face an error due to compatibility issues, I think it is not a best practice to ask all my user to update the Version by reinstalling.

Option 1: I can develop the complete code in VBA but I won't get the facilities of Power Query and easy calculations.

What do you guys suggest to me as the best option for me at this stage?

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TF_123 ,

My Microsoft Excel version is Excel 2016:

Eyelyn9_0-1657863703622.png

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @TF_123 ,

Silly question, I'm sure, but have you tried opening PQ using the Get Data button on the Data tab?

BA_Pete_0-1657547821763.png

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

 Thanks for your reply. But it did not appear on my Excel.

missing.PNG

Hm, ok.

Mine's Version 2206 Build 16.0.15330.20216 64-bit.

Are you able to find and dowload a more advanced version? If you've downloaded your Excel from the native O365 prompt, then your current licence may not allow you the most up-to-date or advanced version.

Pete

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hi Pete, there is no Update button here. 🙁

image.png

Sorry, I don't know what to suggest.

If your current Office licence doesn't allow you a version that has all the features you need, then I guess you'll need to upgrade your licence. That's pretty much how systems licensing works: Want more features? Pay more money.

Pete

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Dear Pete,

Thanks for your comment, but the key is professional plus, the other PC have this feature, but for new installed one, it did not......

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors