Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tijana_djurovic

Power Pivot, matching terms from two documents

Hi,

I am working in a power pivot that uses data from two documents. The unique ID for those two documents is a column called Product.  What I  need is to Product in power pivot that matches with column Franchise from one of the files that I am using. But, if the Product is shown twice in power pivot, the franchise is shown only once. Maybe it will be easier to understand from the picture. The first column in the picture is Product and the second is Franchise. You can see that although I have the same product twice, I am getting a franchise only once.

tijana_djurovic_0-1659005745306.png

Maybe it is worth mentioning that I have deleted double product names in the power query because I couldn't make a connection between those two documents while I had doubled product names.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best regards,

Tijana

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @tijana_djurovic ,

I am not sure if I understood your question correctly. Suppose you have the following example data. 

vkkfmsft_3-1659496352185.png                 vkkfmsft_4-1659496366296.png

Then you can open Power Query, merge the two tables and expand the [Franchise] column.

vkkfmsft_0-1659496154024.png

vkkfmsft_1-1659496210446.png

vkkfmsft_2-1659496226219.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Winniz
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @tijana_djurovic ,

You can't delete because it is being referenced by other tables.

If you don't want it to show up in the workbook, you can delete the corresponding sheet.

vkkfmsft_0-1659517567213.png

Best Regards,
Winniz

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
tijana_djurovic

Hi @v-kkf-msft,

Yes, I am expecting double products to show the same Franchise values.

I wouldn't know how to merge these two tables and it seemed easier to me to have two tables. Table Franchise should have served like a VLOOKUP table.

Best regards,

Tijana

Hi @tijana_djurovic ,

I am not sure if I understood your question correctly. Suppose you have the following example data. 

vkkfmsft_3-1659496352185.png                 vkkfmsft_4-1659496366296.png

Then you can open Power Query, merge the two tables and expand the [Franchise] column.

vkkfmsft_0-1659496154024.png

vkkfmsft_1-1659496210446.png

vkkfmsft_2-1659496226219.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Winniz
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you @v-kkf-msft . This solved my problem. Much appreciated!

Just one more question: may I delete the second query table now? Table "Franchise" in your example...

Thanks, 

Tijana

Hi @tijana_djurovic ,

You can't delete because it is being referenced by other tables.

If you don't want it to show up in the workbook, you can delete the corresponding sheet.

vkkfmsft_0-1659517567213.png

Best Regards,
Winniz

v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tijana_djurovic ,

Are you expecting double products to show the same values (i.e. multiple franchises)? So would it work to merge tables or create a new column in Power Query to get the franchise column from another table?

Best Regards,
Winniz

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors