Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mitsu
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Power Pivot in Excel for One Drive Error "Refresh has timed out, please reduce query time."

Receiving the following error while refreshing the Excel from One drive-Business   "Refresh has timed out, please reduce query time."  The Excel has the Power Pivot which reads from the on Prem Analysis Service .  I am trying to refresh the same using Personal Gateway  any ideas on what would cause this. 

6 REPLIES 6
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

May have just been a hiccup, or is this occurring frequently? How big is your Excel file?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

The Excel file is about 14 MB . Its happened a couple of times ...

What kind of pipe do you have between on-premises and the Internet? I would imagine that is where the hiccup is occurring, although you couldn't 100% rule out Power BI to OneDrive. 

There is also now the option of ExpressRoute to Power BI so that might be an option.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

The refresh is scheduled using the Personal Gateway .Have watched it for  few days now and the  message keeps coming up . Would appreciate a Direction or any pointers to resolve the same .

hi @mitsu,
we're taking a look at this issue. Will let you know what we think the issue is once we figure it out.
Thanks,
Dimah

Thank You  for looking into this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors