cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mitsu Member

Power Pivot in Excel for One Drive Error "Refresh has timed out, please reduce query time."

Receiving the following error while refreshing the Excel from One drive-Business   "Refresh has timed out, please reduce query time."  The Excel has the Power Pivot which reads from the on Prem Analysis Service .  I am trying to refresh the same using Personal Gateway  any ideas on what would cause this. 

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Re: Power Pivot in Excel for One Drive Error "Refresh has timed out, please reduce query time.&

May have just been a hiccup, or is this occurring frequently? How big is your Excel file?

I have book! Learn Power BI from Packt

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

mitsu Member

Re: Power Pivot in Excel for One Drive Error "Refresh has timed out, please reduce query time.&

The Excel file is about 14 MB . Its happened a couple of times ...

Super User
Super User

What kind of pipe do you have between on-premises and the Internet? I would imagine that is where the hiccup is occurring, although you couldn't 100% rule out Power BI to OneDrive. 

There is also now the option of ExpressRoute to Power BI so that might be an option.

I have book! Learn Power BI from Packt

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

mitsu Member

The refresh is scheduled using the Personal Gateway .Have watched it for  few days now and the  message keeps coming up . Would appreciate a Direction or any pointers to resolve the same .

Power BI Team dimazaid
Power BI Team

hi @mitsu,
we're taking a look at this issue. Will let you know what we think the issue is once we figure it out.
Thanks,
Dimah

mitsu Member

Thank You  for looking into this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

We spoke with Power BI Super User, Greg Deckler, about his charity work

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 106 members 1,647 guests