Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI with SAP over Oracle

hi

we are running Qlik to generate reports of SAP data running over an ORACLE database.

We like what we see with PowerBI and are currently using Qlik to extract raw data and then do data manipulation and visualisations with PowerBI.

We would like to go directly to the SAP data but one mentioned that this time of connection is not yet supported by powerBI.

I did find this quite strange, especially since SAP is the platform of choice for any large size organisation. Is it true that there is no SAP connector to powerBI?

thank you

Chronis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are a few SAP connectors in Power BI.  Our company doesn't use SAP so I don't have any hands on experience with it specifically.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-sap-bw-connector

Power BI does connect to Oracle databases, so if you are doing some extractions thats an avenue to consider.

In our organisation, we have a finance data warehouse.  There is an approval process each month that allows the data to ship across after it has been audited and approved.  This has quite a few upsides, but also puts the data in an SQL database that Power BI can use.  Not having worked with SAP, i'm unsure how suitable that would be for you.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are a few SAP connectors in Power BI.  Our company doesn't use SAP so I don't have any hands on experience with it specifically.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-sap-bw-connector

Power BI does connect to Oracle databases, so if you are doing some extractions thats an avenue to consider.

In our organisation, we have a finance data warehouse.  There is an approval process each month that allows the data to ship across after it has been audited and approved.  This has quite a few upsides, but also puts the data in an SQL database that Power BI can use.  Not having worked with SAP, i'm unsure how suitable that would be for you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors