Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RaulSanchez
Frequent Visitor

Power BI services do not recognize my credentials for SharePoint online

Hello, 

I create a list, that has been written manually  in excel online and saved in oneDrive for business   I have imported the data into PowerBI desktop with the SharePoint folder connector and created a PowerBI file which has been published to the PowerBI service and saved on OneDrive to allow the schedule refresh with the data sources.

These are my Data Sources

foto 1.png

Everything works in power BI desktop and power BI services. (without a Gateway)

But sinces last week  I become this error:

foto 2.png

My windows credentials are the same as my O365.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@RaulSanchez,

The issue has been reported and product team is working on this issue. You can pay attention to Herbert_Liu's update in this thread: Invalid credentials on Sharepoint folder.

@pjn  Product team is working on the refresh issue for OneDrive now. I got the information ETA for the fix should be on 11/26, please send teh feedback if the issue is fixed on that time.

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@RaulSanchez,

The issue has been reported and product team is working on this issue. You can pay attention to Herbert_Liu's update in this thread: Invalid credentials on Sharepoint folder.

@pjn  Product team is working on the refresh issue for OneDrive now. I got the information ETA for the fix should be on 11/26, please send teh feedback if the issue is fixed on that time.

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
pjn
Frequent Visitor

I don't have any suggestions, but just wanted to say you're not alone in noticing this.

We're having exactly the same problem at the moment - I have several CSVs and an XLS file in OneDrive for Business (using same account as my Power BI service account) which work perfectly from Power BI Desktop but we're seeing the "Failed to update Data Source Credentials" message from the Power BI Service after publishing to the web.

I've noticed a couple of other posts around the forum over the last few days regarding this, so hopefully someone will have a solution or workaround soon.

Fingers crossed!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors