Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

snteran

Power BI for Azure ATP advanced Hunting, query for Failed Logon

We are running into a row limitation with Advanced Hunting, 10,000 limitation, and it is our understanding we can get up to 100,000 rows with Power BI.  Will we be able to connect, and how, to our Advanced Hunting workspace from Azure ATP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
snteran

7 REPLIES 7
snteran

Well, I think I found the api for O365 security:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/security/mtp/api-advanced-hunting?view=o365-worldwide

Hope this helps others.

Hi @snteran ,

Glad to hear the issue is solved. You can accept your reply as solution, that way, other community members could easily find the answer when they get same issues.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

snteran

well, I think I found the issue as far as connecting Power BI to the correct Advanced Hunting schema.

Looking at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/microsoft-defender-atp/api-power...

it appears there is not an api created from Power BI to https://security.microsoft.com/advanced-hunting 

I guess we will need to see how to collect the data into a cluster someone and then connect to the cluster to run our query for Failed Logon.

Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Serge

Hi @snteran ,

Maybe you can refer this blog and sample queries:

1. Create custom reports using Microsoft Defender ATP APIs and Power BI 
  2. Microsoft Defender ATP Advanced Hunting (AH) sample queries 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

the TVM_Export_API returns no rersults set after refreshing that table. it's empty. anybody has an idea why this is happeneing

snteran

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried to add to my query but got syntax error.

Query > security.microsoft.com > advanced hunting:

IdentityLogonEvents

| where LogonType == "Failed logon" and isnotempty(AccountName)

| project LogonTime = Timestamp, LogonType, Application, FailureReason, AccountName, AccountUpn, DeviceName, DestinationDeviceName

Not sure there is a way to add the properties, I'll try a few other ways but I'm not an KQL guru.

Cheers,

Serge

artemus
Employee
Employee

Hrm... not too familar with ATP.

You could try changing:

[Query=[key=AdvancedHuntingQuery]]

to:

[Query=[key=AdvancedHuntingQuery, properties=[Options=[truncationmaxrecords=100000]]]]

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors