cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Frequent Visitor

Power BI error connecting to a SharePoint site (folder or list)

Hi,

 

I've had a Power BI report connecting to a sharepoint folder running successfully for months and yesteday it started throwing the below error when attempting to refresh:

 

Details: "Microsoft.Mashup.Engine1.Library.Resources.HttpResource: Request failed:
OData Version: 3 and 4, Error: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. (Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.)

 

I've since created a brand new report and tried connecting to the same site and the error still comes up. Other sites are working fine. There have been no significant changes to the site prior to it working the day before.

 

The error is occuring in Power BI Desktop, and also from the daily refresh for the same report in the Web Portal.

 

I'm at a loss as to how to troubleshoot this one.

 

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks Lydia,

 

Yes the root URL of the site was entered and no special columns were added. Ended up calling microsoft support and they mentioned that they had seen this error before but weren't sure exactly what the solution was.

 

They mentioned that it previously resolved by itself after a few days, and in my case this also happened so it's working fine again now.

 

Thankfully I didn't start pulling apart a functional report to try and get to the bottom of it.

 

Hope this helps prevent someone else doing the same.

 

 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Microsoft
Microsoft

@magicbiman,

Do you enter root URL of your SharePoint site in Power BI and have you added special columns in SharePoint recently?

If you connect to SharePoint list, please enter the following OData URL in OData connector in Power BI Desktop and check if it works.

https://XXXX.sharepoint.com/MySite/MySubSite/_vti_bin/listdata.svc/ListName

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Lydia,

 

Yes the root URL of the site was entered and no special columns were added. Ended up calling microsoft support and they mentioned that they had seen this error before but weren't sure exactly what the solution was.

 

They mentioned that it previously resolved by itself after a few days, and in my case this also happened so it's working fine again now.

 

Thankfully I didn't start pulling apart a functional report to try and get to the bottom of it.

 

Hope this helps prevent someone else doing the same.

 

 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power BI Super Users!

Wave Release 2

Check out the updates in Power BI.

Overview of Power BI 2020 release wave 2!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors