Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

faizanahmad
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI and Project Online data flow

Hi,

I am looking for a way if its possible that Power BI pulls data from project Online. Also, pulling data and storing it as snapshots in time. Then we can take periodic snap shots for historical purposes. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@faizanahmad

There are two methods that you can use to Project Online data in Power BI. You can directly connect to Project Online content pack in Power BI Service.

Another way is to connect to Project Online through Power BI Desktop following the guide in this article, then create reports in Power BI Desktop and you can publish reports from Power BI Desktop to Power BI Service.

In addition, you can export reports from Power BI Service to PowerPoint.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@faizanahmad

There are two methods that you can use to Project Online data in Power BI. You can directly connect to Project Online content pack in Power BI Service.

Another way is to connect to Project Online through Power BI Desktop following the guide in this article, then create reports in Power BI Desktop and you can publish reports from Power BI Desktop to Power BI Service.

In addition, you can export reports from Power BI Service to PowerPoint.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks a lot , that helped.

I have another qustion.

I am now able to attach POwer Bi to Project online thorugh Odata feed.

Now, I want to create a report that displays like a project status completion report.

ANy help or guidance would be appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors