Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

izzard1982

Power BI and D365 Finance and Operations integration and does Power BI Pro account required?

Hi, I have been searching for the answer for this question but have not been able to find it. Hope someone from here can help me. My question is:

As a D365FO power user, I can create Power BI report using Power BI Desktop connecting to AxDW database in a DEV environment and then add this report to my project on LCS, and then deploy the report in a D365FO production environment using the Deploy Power BI report files function in the system. And since I need to create the report  I would need a Power BI Pro account. At this point, this report is only visible to me.

My question is if other D365FO users of the same system use the Deploy Power BI report files function to deploy the report I created to their own Power BI account and then bring it into D365FO, do they need to have a Power BI Pro account or a Free account would be sufficient?

I know if using Power BI Embedded option, they would not need to have Power BI Pro account but a developer would be required to deploy the reports. It is not clear to me that how the scenario I mentioned above is handled.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Lu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@izzard1982,

Use B doesn't need Pro license as long as he has access to the PBXI file and can deploy the PBIX file to his own "My Workspace" in Power BI Service. If user B need to deploy PBIX file to an app workspace, pro license is required.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@izzard1982,

What do you mean that "if other D365FO users of the same system use the Deploy Power BI report files function to deploy the report I created to their own Power BI account and then bring it into D365FO"?  If you mean that the users publish PBIX file to Power BI Service by themself, then pin Power BI report to D365FO workspaces, pro license is not required.

If you mean that you share the report in Power BI Service to other users, and users view report in D365FO , then the users should have pro licenses.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi v-yuezhe-msft,

You can see the process I described from the link below. In this scenario, user A created a PBI report and uploaded it to LCS, then user B, who have access to the same D365FO system, deployed the report on LCS to his own Power BI account, then bring it into his own D365FO workspaces. My question is would user B need Power BI Pro account to do this or he only needs Free account? 

http://d365tour.com/en/microsoft-dynamics-365-en/power-bi-en/deploy-power-bi-report-account/

Thanks,

Lu

@izzard1982,

Use B doesn't need Pro license as long as he has access to the PBXI file and can deploy the PBIX file to his own "My Workspace" in Power BI Service. If user B need to deploy PBIX file to an app workspace, pro license is required.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors