Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

hsousa
Frequent Visitor

Power BI and BigQuery - Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app

Hello,

I was using Google Big Query connector to Power BI since almost its Beta release, however, without expecting now, every time I try to refresh the data, it tells me to login and when I put the credentials, always appears the message below:

BigQuery_Issues

I've checked on BigQuery side and the credentials are working properly and the power bi app is enabled so I'm guessing it can be some issue on the connector from Power BI side. Can someone please help? It's getting critial.

Best,

Hélder

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@hsousa @francois_nguyen @dowler @HayleeTaylor @p_ferreira,

This issue has been fixed. You are able to connect to Google BigQuery in Power BI Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any possibility to fix this issue??

Same - When trying to connect a GA account via our gateway :

Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app

This app has not been verified yet by Google in order to use Google Sign In.

Not getting any issue in the desktop version, it's just from the gateway.

Anyone managed to fix this?

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

They promise to fix it in one week:

"Power BI users connecting to a Google Analytics data source may experience issues while authenticating. As a workaround, customers can republish the dataset from the Power BI Desktop app. Engineers are working with Google to mitigate the issue and a fix will be provided by end of week 12/20/2019."

Source - https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Thanks Psholka 🙂

I tried to publish a new report with a dataset including GA data source, and add it to the gateway => Same error message.

Waiting for the update then !

Still not working here, everyday I try, everyday is a new disappointment 🙂

SatoriJason
Frequent Visitor

@v-yuezhe-msft This issue is happening for me now in the Power BI Service.

The error is not happening in Power BI Desktop, but is when trying to enter the Data Source Credentials in the Power BI Service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The issue is back.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@hsousa @francois_nguyen @dowler @HayleeTaylor @p_ferreira,

This issue has been fixed. You are able to connect to Google BigQuery in Power BI Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft

I've tested this feature and, now, it's working.

Thanks

Indeed. I've tested in my side and it's working properly,

Thanks a lot @v-yuezhe-msft!

hsousa
Frequent Visitor

Hi @all,

This problem wasn't solved yet, however, it was a oppened a ticket issue that was internally reported and accepted by Power BI team.

You can find it here:

Ticket oppened

Hope to get news from Microsoft soon. This is getting really critical on my company and Power BI is already being questioned as a robust dashboarding tool since we are using Power BI Pro Account, but currently our main source database is Google Big Query, that's working really well, but Power BI isn't helping on taking all advantages of it.

Best.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@hsousa @dowler @HayleeTaylor @p_ferreira,

I can reproduce this issue in Power BI Desktop June release, I will report it internally and post back once I get any updates.

Regards,
Lydia

Thanks Lydia! Hope to get news from you soon.

Best.

+1

a very impacting problem !

dowler

I'm trying to connect Power BI to my BigQuery backend for the first time. I'm also having this problem. There doesn't appear to be a lot of information on how to solve this on the web.

p_ferreira
Regular Visitor

Hi Hélder,

I'm getting the same error as you. I was able to use the BigQuery connector until couple days ago, but when I updated the Power BI desktop yesterday, I started to get the same message as you. I've created a new BigQuery account and used it to create a new BigQuery project to test, and got the same message on Power BI, even with the new account. 

I found this strange, because when I used the BigQuery connector on beta version, I could connect and get data from BigQuery without any problems, but when I use the final version of this connector, I started to get this problem. 

Please someone can help us?

I am getting the same issue as well since switching over to a new laptop today and I have had to reinstall everything. Have you raised a ticket with support?

Hello Haylee, Thanks for the reply.

Actually I don't know If i've raised the ticket with support. I'm new on this forum.

Best

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors