Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KL_SARA
Frequent Visitor

Power BI - SAP BW object's technical name

Hello, 

We are using Power BI SAP BW direct connector to integrate data from SAP BW in Power BI Desktop. We are connected to domain and able to communicate with SAP BW server, but we have a problem with BW Object's technical names, it doesn't show up after importing measures and dimensions in the report Power BI, it's exposing only physical names of those objects.  

Please share if you have any suggestions. 

Thanks, 

Best regards,

Sara

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@KL_SARA,

Have you enabled "Technical names" in Display Options as described in this article?

1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-yuezhe-msft,

Thanks for your response,

Yes i have enabled "Technical names" in Display Options, and characteristic/measure names (descriptions) and technical names can both be seen, but after loading the report, the field list contain just the characteristic/measure names (descriptions), and i need to display technical names...

Please share if you have any suggestions,

Best regards,

Sara

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the exact same problem. In the display I can turn on the technical names, but as soon as I import the data, they revert back to the aliases or whatever they are called.

@KL_SARA,

Regarding to this issue, I would recommend you submit a feature request in Power BI ideas: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors