Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fabiosalles6
Regular Visitor

Power BI Report - Get last data from stream analytics

Hello,

I created a DataSet in Stream Analytics that fills an output for Power BI, but I can not use the information in this DataSet to make filters, for example, with the "Data".

I tried formatting in the Stream Analytics output the date field with "CAST" as DateTime, but we still get the "Blank" result.
I can not use the information in this dataset as a filter, DAX formulas are not returning the expected value.

I need to get the last record.

13-12-2017 17-44-19.jpg

Regards,

Fábio Salles

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

I need to get the last record.

13-12-2017 17-44-19.jpg

I can not use the information in this dataset as a filter, DAX formulas are not returning the expected value.

@fabiosalles6,

Do you connect to the dataset in Power BI Desktop and use DAX?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

Yes, I connect to Power BI Desktop and run this:

Measure = var last_date = MAX(Table1[EventProcessedUtcTime]) return CALCULATE(LASTNONBLANK(Table1[Temperatura_massa];1); Table1[EventProcessedUtcTime]=last_date)

Regards,

Fabio Salles

@fabiosalles6,

I create a streaming dataset in Power BI Service following the guide in this blog, then connect to the dataset in December update of Power BI Desktop and create the measure  using DAX as yours, I can get last data without any issues.

When I click refresh in Power BI Desktop, the measure updates correctly. Do you use the latest version of Power BI Desktop? Could you please try the stream dataset in  that blog?

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Lydia,

Thanks for the tip.

In this guide, they show how to do on the dashboard, but I need this information on the report.

Regards,

Fábio Salles

@fabiosalles6,

I understand your requirement. I recommend you create the same stream dataset as described in the blog, then connect to the dataset in your Power BI Desktop and check if you get last data with your measure.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors