Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Online integration with O365 Products

Hi Team,

Like to know with which all products in Microsoft O365 stack currently Power BI is integrated with. for example 

Power BI with SharePoint Online

Power Bi with Microsoft Flows

Power Bi with Power Point 

In the above way, with which all the products of Microsoft does Power BI has integration ?

Regards,

Sivapratap.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

There is no a specific document to introduce all scenarios about Power BI integrate with Office365 now. I have included some points below:

1. Power BI get data from Office 365 products.

a. Connect to files stored in the OneDrive for your app workspace, Use OneDrive for Business links in Power BI Desktop

b.  Refresh a dataset created from a .CSV file on OneDrive or SharePoint Online, Refresh a dataset stored on OneDrive or SharePoint Online, Refresh a dataset created from an Excel workbook on OneDrive, or SharePoint Online

c. Office365Mon content pack for Power BI, Find and connect to an organizational content pack

2. Publish the Power BI reports to Office 365

a. Embed with report web part in SharePoint Online

b. Export reports from Power BI to PowerPoint (Preview)

c. Power BI teams up with Microsoft Teams

3. Use Office 365 to manage Power BI

a. Administering Power BI in your organization

b. Manage your app workspace in Power BI and Office 365

Maybe some documents don't list above, you can go through the Power BI online documents to study all features.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@Anonymous Depends on what you mean by integration. The one's you listed all have some tie currently.

Embed in SharePoint Online

Microsoft Flows can be used with Alerts to send mails (Probably many more ways to use it)

Export to Power Point from the PBI Service.

There are a ton of other O365 services that are Content Packs that you can immediately gain insights from... You can also do things in other products, like Dynamics (CRM) allows you to use Power BI Embedded dashboards within that app.

I'm not aware of any comprehensive list that anyone is tracking (I've asked in the past).

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply. I am looking for any document that microsoft has relaeased that speaks about usage of Power BI among Microsoft O365 stack.

Hi @Anonymous,

There is no a specific document to introduce all scenarios about Power BI integrate with Office365 now. I have included some points below:

1. Power BI get data from Office 365 products.

a. Connect to files stored in the OneDrive for your app workspace, Use OneDrive for Business links in Power BI Desktop

b.  Refresh a dataset created from a .CSV file on OneDrive or SharePoint Online, Refresh a dataset stored on OneDrive or SharePoint Online, Refresh a dataset created from an Excel workbook on OneDrive, or SharePoint Online

c. Office365Mon content pack for Power BI, Find and connect to an organizational content pack

2. Publish the Power BI reports to Office 365

a. Embed with report web part in SharePoint Online

b. Export reports from Power BI to PowerPoint (Preview)

c. Power BI teams up with Microsoft Teams

3. Use Office 365 to manage Power BI

a. Administering Power BI in your organization

b. Manage your app workspace in Power BI and Office 365

Maybe some documents don't list above, you can go through the Power BI online documents to study all features.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors