Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JoviNetBR

Power BI IP remote access for Postgre/MySQL

Para aceitar conexões remotas o Postgre/MySQL precisam de adicionar o IP do servidor de origem da conexão para permitir o acesso remoto. Caso contrário você teria de permitir todos os acessos e isso comprometeria a segurança do banco de dados. Como eu posso saber o IP de origem de conexão do Power BI para adicionar a uma lista branca de acesso?

To accept remote connections, Postgre/MySQL needs to add the IP of the connection's source server to allow remote access. Otherwise you would have to allow all accesses and this would compromise the security of the database. How can I know the Power BI connection source IP to add to a whitelist of access?

Eu li o conteúdo deste link, mas eu não encontrei específicamente essa informação: 

I read the content of this link, but I did not specifically find this information:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/pt-br/documentation/powerbi-personal-gateway/

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JoviNetBR,

It seems the report is published to Power BI service, and it get data from on-premise database Postgre/MySQL, right? 

It depends on whether the on-premise data gateway (personal mode) is installed on the same machine as the Postgre/MySQL exist. If it's on the same machine, the on-premise data gateway (personal mode) should access database without any problem. If it's on the different machines, you need to make sure this machine can access remote Postgre/MySQL. This should be the issue to Postgre/MySQL connection instead of Power BI, you can contact the Postgre/MySQL admin to make sure the remote connection. 

In one word, as long as the machine which hosts the on-premise data gateway (personal mode) can access the remote Postgre/MySQL database, we can use this gateway to build connection between the Power BI and data source. 

By the way, please install On-premises data gateway (personal mode) instead of personal gateway, which is a new version. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you!

Eu peço desculpas se minha pergunta estiver mal direcionada... mas eu vou dar um exemplo de aplicação que poderia ilustrar a minha dúvida. Imagine que você tem um servidor Linux com Apache, cPanel e demais tecnologias comuns de provedores de hospedagem de sites onde esta rodando um e-commerce (por exemplo um Magento ou Opencart). Seria uma boa ideia utilizar o Power BI para produzir relatórios relacionados as informações deste e-commerce que utiliza MySQL. Não há como instalar o Gateway do Power BI em um ambiente como este, e pelo que eu entendi da resposta não seria possível ter o Gateway no serviço do Power BI. Para solucionar esse problema seria necessário ter uma terceira hospedagem para instalar apenas o Gateway com o objetivo de triangular a conexão por que o Power BI não pode se comunicar diretamente com o serviço do MySQL?

A conexão com o banco de dados para atualização das informações é um item fundamental da maioria das soluções de publicação de relatórios, a utilização do gateway para permitir que isso ocorra automaticamente, criando a necessidade de um agente externo, me parece uma solução muito frágil... Eu entendi corretamente?

I apologize if my question is misdirected ... but I'll give you an example application that could illustrate my question. Imagine that you have a Linux server with Apache, cPanel and other common technologies of hosting providers of websites where you are running an e-commerce (for example a Magento or Opencart). It would be a good idea to use Power BI to produce reports related to the information of this e-commerce using MySQL. There is no way to install the Power BI Gateway in an environment like this, and from what I understood the answer would not be possible to have the Gateway in the Power BI service. To solve this problem would it be necessary to have a third hosting to install only the Gateway in order to triangulate the connection why Power BI can not communicate directly with the MySQL service?

Connecting to the database to update information is a key element of most reporting solutions, using the gateway to allow this to occur automatically, creating the need for an external agent, seems to me a very fragile solution. .. Did I understand correctly?

Hi @JoviNetBR,

The gateway can't be installed in Linux server currently. In your scenario, you need to find a 64-bit version of Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 R2 (or later), from this machine, you can get data from MySQL on Linux. Then you can install the gateway on this machine, the gateway can access MySQL as well. 

The key point is that you can access MySQL from the machine hosted gateway. You can contact server admin or MySQL admin to help you on this. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Eu entendi e lamento saber disso. Isso significa que a solução Power BI ainda não tem uma abordagem direta para integrar com banco de dados dados de outros sistemas operacionais e permitir uma solução de atualização automática funcional.

Eu penso que a Microsoft precisa pensar numa feature ou serviço que permita o Schedule de atualizações de dados para relatórios hospedados no serviço powerbi.com, sem isso a solução ficara mais complexa com a necessidade de mais computadores para fazer funcionar.

Do ponto de vista prático eu imagino que a necessidade de triangular com mais uma estação para resolver esse problema é uma grave falha para um produto com proposta de solução cloud completa.

I understood and I'm sorry to hear that. This means that the Power BI solution does not yet have a straightforward approach to integrating data from other operating systems with database and enabling a functional automatic upgrade solution.

I think Microsoft needs to think about a feature or service that allows the Schedule of data updates for reports hosted on the powerbi.com service, otherwise the solution would be more complex with the need for more computers to make it work.

From a practical point of view I imagine that the need to triangulate with another station to solve this problem is a serious flaw for a product with a complete cloud solution proposal.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors