Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bhogan
Regular Visitor

Power BI Full Screen mode in Internet Explorer shrinks to a tiny square

When a PowerBI dashboard is embedded in an Office 365 SharePoint page, it displays fine in Chrome browser when you click on "Full Screen" arrow icon. When you do the same in Internet Explorer, it shrinks to a tiny box with no way of making it expand to actually use full screen. 

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bhogan
Regular Visitor

This issue appears to have been resolved. IE displays the full size popup. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
alexjohnlittle
Frequent Visitor

How do you even get those full screen icons on the embedded report?

bhogan
Regular Visitor

This issue appears to have been resolved. IE displays the full size popup. Smiley Happy

Stevie

I have this exact issue on all of my reports - it is possible to view them in fullscreen perfectly in google chrome, but clicking the expand button in Microsoft's own IE results in a tiny box view of the report.

Has  anyone found a solution to this, or is it recommended that we encourage users to download chrome?

I've also noticed that (in a legend within a chart) at the absolute far right hand side of the screen, text can be clipped when embedded in an iframe (dimensions 1120 * 686, and working perfectly in chrome). It's quite bizzare that Power BI isn't optimised for the IE browser!

Regards

Steve

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@bhogan,

I can reproduce your issue in IE11, however, everything works well in Edge. How about you use Edge?

In addition, when using Publish to Web feature, there is no security. I would recommend you use "Embed in SharePoint Online" feature.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Unfortunately there are many IE users viewing this data so expecting them to use Edge is not a viable option. Embedding it doesn't resolve the issue either as the viewers do not have a power BI account and theperson setting this up doesn't have PowerBI Premium. I guess we will need to submit a case to Microssoft to resolve it working with IE which should be a supported web browser.

@bhogan,

I will report this issue internally , and will update here once I get any feedbacks. 

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

Any progress on an internal solution for this issue? Telling our users that IE is buggy is not really a good workaround 🙂

@bhogan,

Engineers are working on a fix for this issue, your patience is appreciated.

Regards,
Lydia

I have the same issue, do I have to switch to Chrome?

I have the same issue, do I have to switch to Chrome?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors