Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dramus
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Power BI Enterprise Gateway - Error setting up Datasets

I'm trying to create a dataset to an oracle database.

When I try to apply the dataset I'm getting the following error:

Unable to connect: We encountered an error while trying to connect to cab_prod. Details: "Cannot connect to the mashup data source. See error details for more information."Hide details
Activity ID: 27984803-23ba-ca22-1977-de756fb70b2c 
Request ID: 94c0120a-084b-ade9-f61c-15ebc5d28cb8 
Cluster URI: https://wabi-us-east2-redirect.analysis.windows.net 
Status code: 400 
Error Code: DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError 
Time: Fri Mar 18 2016 11:00:06 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time) 
Version: 13.0.1100.174 

Underlying error message: We're sorry, an error occurred during evaluation. 
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2147467259 
Underlying error code: -2147467259 

If I look in the gateway log file I see the following:

GatewayPipelineErrorCode=DM_GWPipeline_UnknownError
InnerType=ErrorException
InnerMessage=<pi>Access to the path 'MashupSessionPurgeMutex' is denied.</pi>
InnerToString=<pi>System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'MashupSessionPurgeMutex' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.Threading.Mutex.MutexTryCodeHelper.MutexTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.Mutex.CreateMutexWithGuaranteedCleanup(Boolean initiallyOwned, String name, Boolean& createdNew, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs)
   at System.Threading.Mutex..ctor(Boolean initiallyOwned, String name, Boolean& createdNew, MutexSecurity mutexSecurity)
   at System.Threading.Mutex..ctor(Boolean initiallyOwned, String name, Boolean& createdNew)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.EngineHost.Services.EvaluationDirectoryManager..ctor(IList`1 directories, IList`1 fullExclusiveDirectories, Guid activityId)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.EngineHost.EngineHost.CreateSession(EvaluationSettings settings, IEngine engine)
   at Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupResource.StartEvaluation[T](Action`1 callback)</pi>

Anyone come across this? Any ideas on where to go from here?

3 REPLIES 3
dramus
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I have a Personal gateway running on the same box. If I stop it, I can create the dataset.

I thought it was acceptable to have both a Personal and Enterprise gateway installed on the same server.

I got a similar error when trying to replace the Personal Gateway with the Enterprise Gateway. I had both configured on the machine and all datasets were using the PG. I added equivalent data sources to the EG and they were working OK. I then switched from the PG to the EG on alla datasets but now got a generic "unknown error in Enterprise Gateway" error code -2147467259. If I stopped the PG service (also set it to manual to prevent it from autostarting if server reboots) everything was working OK. It seems that you cannot have both running at the same time although several MS articles say that this should be possible. When chatting with Power BI support they have also said that the PG is going away soon.

When you stopped the Personal Gateway, were you able to restart it and have the datasets refresh using the Personal Gateway?  I'd like to replace all of the datasets under the Personal Gateway eventually, but can't replace all of them right now.  Can I just stop the Data Management Gateway Service to create the connection to the file in the Enterprise Gateway, then restart the service?  

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors