Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

StephanDenker
Frequent Visitor

Power BI, Analyse in Excel, Offline Olap, error without Error-Message

Hey Community,

If I try to use Offline Olap function for PivotTable connected with Power BI Dataset I get an Error without an errrormessage.

Does offline olap work for anybody?

Am I right, that offline Olap means a would have a cube offline so I could navigate for pivot table without internet conneciton?

Thanks in advace!

err_offline_olap.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
StephanDenker
Frequent Visitor

Thank you, @v-yingjl ! I understand., Offline Olap would be the solution of my problem. So I just have to figure out, why I'm getting an Error. Maybe there are some limitations? 

Hi @StephanDenker ,

Based on my research, here are some limitations:

• Offline cubes are only available on Multidimensional Analysis Services connections.
  • Distinct Count measures are not supported.
  • Dimensions with binary data are not supported.
  • When you add a parent-child hierarchy, levels and filters on a parent-child hierarchy are ignored and the entire parent-child hierarchy is included.

You can also refer:

creating offline SSAS cube  

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @StephanDenker ,

An offline cube file (.cub) stores data in the form of an Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) cube. This data may represent a portion of an OLAP database from an OLAP server or it may have been created independently of any OLAP database. Use an offline cube file to continue to work with PivotTable and PivotChart reports when the server is unavailable or when you are disconnected from the network.

Please refer:

1. Work with offline cube files 
  2. Offline OLAP – Working with Disconnected Analysis Service Cube 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors