Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CEllis
Resolver I
Resolver I

Pivot Table

I have come across this error and seen it discussed here and would like to see if this makes sence ?

•       Expression.Error: There weren't enough elements in the enumeration to complete the operation.

What I have noticed is that if a column that you are pivoting on has the same values as another column, it creates the error.

If I pivot on this column it throws the error because the Lesson column has English as a value.I use this column as the non aggrigated values.
LessonAssessmentPoints
EnglishEnglish

EnglishEnglish Lit3
EnglishEnglish6

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

If you choose "Don't Aggregate" there are two values for the 'English' assessment.  2 into 1 does not go.

So you either use an aggregate or introduce another column e.g. an Index, to prevent aggregation

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

If you choose "Don't Aggregate" there are two values for the 'English' assessment.  2 into 1 does not go.

So you either use an aggregate or introduce another column e.g. an Index, to prevent aggregation

Thanks for the response.

Ah think I have got it, the pivot acts like a group query were it needs to group on the other columns and aggrigates the value to stop it appearing on seprate rows.

I've added a key into the list and used Max, when I refresh the error has stopped.

CEllis_1-1669289800880.png

Many thanks @HotChilli 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors