Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sangeethray
Frequent Visitor

Pivot Column Giving Unexpected Result

I have done pivot column for the table in the first image for column session type. In the result for date 01/07/2001 the result is showing incorrect sum for the column rating 'comm' . What might be the reason ? This is the mQuery used. 

= Table.Pivot(#"Grouped Rows", List.Distinct(#"Grouped Rows"[#"Session Type"]), "Session Type", "Sessions", List.Sum)
@mdsmith1 

I have done pivot column on this table for session type.I have done pivot column on this table for session type.In the result for date 01/07/2001 the result is showing incorrect sum for the column rating commIn the result for date 01/07/2001 the result is showing incorrect sum for the column rating comm

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jbwtp
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @sangeethray,

Pivoting does not summarise the rest of the column, rather it groups it.

If you want to retain similar numbers (to be able to summ them later) you can add an index column before pivoting. This will preserve all rows.

Cheers,

John

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jbwtp
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @sangeethray,

Pivoting does not summarise the rest of the column, rather it groups it.

If you want to retain similar numbers (to be able to summ them later) you can add an index column before pivoting. This will preserve all rows.

Cheers,

John

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors