Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

d-man
Employee
Employee

Pinned dashboard tile shows different data from the actual report tile

I pinned a report tile to a dashboard.  All are in sync and data looks good.  However, after returning to it a day or 2 later, the dashboard tile shows different data that is in the actual report.  If i re-pin the report tile, i get 2 tiles in the dashboard that show different data.  It seems like the date range of the query changed because the older tile is showing data from last year, while the current tile does not.

Is this a known issue?

5 REPLIES 5
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Normally this only happens if you made structural changes to the report visual that the tile was created from.

thanks for yoour reply, Ibendlin.  Can you elaborate more on what are considerered 'structural changes'?  Also, is this a bug that is going to get fixed?

Thanks in Advance

structural changes meaning changing the width of a column, changing a color etc. Any meta data changes that will require the app to be republished. None of these changes make it into the pinned dashboard tiles - by design.  Call it a bug if you want.

thanks for the clarification.  that makes sense.  i found out that a page level filter was added to the report, and the previously pinned tiles are not picking this up.  shouln't the dashboards be able to reflect this change without having to be removed and re-pinned?

that would be nice, wouldn't it?  Alas, that's not how it's designed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors