Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

daithit

Personal gateway does not install successfully

Hi,

I'm trying to install the Personal Gateway on my Windows 7 64bit desktop. I launch the installer, choose the default destination folder 'C:\Program Files\Power BI Personal Gateway' and the installer proceeds, returning a messsage:

Success

Now that you've installed the gateway, you'll need to configure some settings. Click Launch to start the Power BI Gateway – Personal Configuration Wizard.

Nothing however has installed. No folder/files have been created. If I click 'Launch' the installer dialog box disappears and nothing happens, no service is created, no further messages are returned. My user is part of the administrators group on my machine, I've tried logging in as the local administrator with the same results. I've also tried different destination folders. I was able to download and install the Power BI desktop application without any issue.  Any help would be much appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
jakebryant
Regular Visitor

Having this exact issue - can't find any troubleshooting path.  Were you able to resolve?

I have the same issue, anybody has resolved it.  Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors