Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wwainwright

Personal Gateway installed however not appearing.

Personal gateway has been installed on one of our servers using an adminstrator account.

When logged into the server we can publish reports and set up refreshing of datasets.

However when I connect using my local machine Power BI prompts me to instal the Personal Gateway.

As it is installed as an adminstrator it has installed as a service, which I've checked and is running. I also have turned off the windows firewall to ensure that it is not that. Could it be our company firewall?

We are currently using the pro trial license

2 REPLIES 2
anywhereanytime
Helper III
Helper III

Same with us just today ... Personal Gateway said "installed successfully" but the instructions say the "we should be immediately prompted for a CONFIGURATION wizard" - we never saw this?  We even tried installing on a second machine and SAME = NO "configuration wizard"?

Slightly different as it did start the very brief config wizard however we can only see the gateway on the local machine

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors