Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

powerbiappuser

Personal Gateway Not Reachable

Hello,

I am getting the below error message:

gatewayntreachable.png

18 REPLIES 18
Akahn
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I think they fixed it! Re-install your PowerBI Personal Gateway and log in again. It works after that.

Ive had this issue twice and yes, reinstalling does fix the problem but I pull from many SQL databases on-prem and one in Azure. reinstalling the gateway is not a permanent fix. 

Fullthrottle, could you elaborate? Does reinstalling the gateway only temporarily fix the issue for you? I don't want to run into the same issue in three weeks...

thanks

bloigge
Frequent Visitor

Maybe the same issue I had with the upgrade of adfs 3.0 - here is a tutorial how to solve this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA--eKB3_hg

Akahn
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I'm still waiting on a fix. Anybody having any luck yet?

No fix yet.   Still broken

Tony
Frequent Visitor

Any fix yet?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same Problem, with both local files and external data sources....

nirrobi
Helper V
Helper V

same issue:

GateWayNotReachable

What i have found is my Gateway is working fine with my on-prem SQL server, provided I am using reports developed in the new .pbix format.

However, any Excel files that I migrated over using MSFT's recommended migration path (which, by the way refreshed fine with my Gateway for 2 weeks), suddenly stopped replicating last week and gave me the error 'Gateway not reachable'.

farendt
Advocate II
Advocate II

Getting the same issue with csv file on a shared network drive (X), while the same file from the system drive (C) is working fine. I contacted support via the smiley feedback system, waiting for a reply now.

Pui-Yan
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue, strange thing yesterday the scheduler was working fine, till i have reinstalled the powerBIgateway.

Akahn
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Microsoft appears to be aware of the bug. I sent in a feedback request and got this message from Microsoft:

Hi!

Thank you for your technical inquiry. Data refresh is actually a known issue we are experiencing and we expect to have it resolved within the next 24-48 hours. We appreciate your patience as we get this ironed out.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help assist you with!

Thank you!

Jenny

Akahn
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I have the same issue

Titanium
Frequent Visitor

Same Issue here with SQL server... 

Tony
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue... with Azure SQL DB

Same issue I am having with an on-prem sql server.   I've been corresponding with MSFT support for a week with zero success.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

That's odd considering your image shows that it knows that your gateway is online. What type of source is "75PROD"?

Your best best may be a frowny face to support. It is the smiley face icon in the upper right. It allows you to describe the problem and take a screen shot. I have had VERY GOOD success when using this feedback mechanism. I generally receive a very timely reply from the support team.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors