Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mikkelv
Regular Visitor

Path finder open via SSL WWWdav in Sharepoint 2016

Hi,

I am trying to get a shortcut to the document library to work via windows path finder.

I am using file:///\\mysite@SSL\DavWWWRoot\ to call the function.

I have used a button with action "web url" and the "fx" function.

When I publish this, the button will not do anything. Does anyone know if this is possible to do?

Using Power BI desktop (september 2019), onprem report server.

//Mikkel Vangsgaard

2 REPLIES 2
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi mikkelv, 

I couldn't reproduce your problem just based on your description, if possible, could you please explain "I am using file:///\\mysite@SSL\DavWWWRoot\ to call the function.I have used a button with action "web url" and the "fx" function."  for me. In addition, did you mean you want to access sharepoint local path, you could try to use "\\mysite@SSL\DavWWWRoot\". You could refer to Report using Excel File in SharePoint documents fails for path error   and UNC Path Naming for files stored on SharePoint  for details. By  the way, you said when you publish, this don't work, did you mean this only work in local desktop?

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

mikkelv
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your reply,

i am trying to give the user a possibility to visit a project / a case in Sharepoint 2016. From Power BI I would like to serve the user the ability to filter out a project / case and then take the user directly to windows path finder displayin the root document folder in a project.

I have tried just using the \\mysite@SSL\DavWWWRoot\, with no luck. 

To answer your last question, no I havent been able to get it owrking locally either.

//Mikkel

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors